PC LAN Systems provides network system troubleshooting and a wide range of other technical services to technology-supported businesses. Referrals are the best advertising, and a majority of our client-partners came via referrals from other earlier customers. PCLS has been supporting the servers and networks of many of our customers for decades.
More About Us
Our secure research and development network of multiple servers running popular operating systems at multiple sites is crafted with:
- Windows 200x Server Enterprise Edition, Windows 20xx Small Business Server, Exchange 20xx
- Macintosh and Windows Small Business Server distributed networks
- Cisco ASA and PIX firewalls for secure VPN connectivity (SSL VPN)
- VMWare, Microsoft, and Citrix virtualizations and terminal services
- Smartphone support for connectivity to business networks, whether VPN or otherwise
- Windows 7 Pro as our client operating system of choice, with XP SP3 for posterity. Vista is used as required.
- VPN client software fully tested to assure compatibility with modern and legacy applications.
- Functional installations of older operating systems, maintained to guarantee supportability.
- Our customers need the ability to securely connect to their offices from anywhere whether with satellite, cellular, or Wi-Fi.
- A computer network should be designed to best support business transactions, so the company can make money and everyone can leave work on time.
- Secure effective communications are paramount. Assuring education is key to maintaining security of the business and home networks.
Our most popular services and sales are:
- Installation and Best-Practice configurations of Microsoft Windows Server and client operating systems
- Installations of fault-tolerant servers (Dell PowerEdge, typically)
- Implementation of proven software and hardware-based systems and proven best practices to control SPAM, blended virus threats, and inappropriate email content
- Installation and configuration of Cisco, Sonicwall and Symantec VPN and security systems, and security risk assessments
- Installation of secure 802.11 "Wi-Fi" wireless LAN and long-range outdoor wireless bridging systems and related wireless-AAA systems
- Troubleshooting of Microsoft and older Novell servers, and troubleshooting of business wide area network (WAN) connectivity.
- Troubleshooting of Microsoft network client workstations and nearly all PC application programs
- Disaster prevention/recovery consulting and training on archival methods
- Fault-tolerant and redundant network server sales, configuration, and optimization
- Systems administrator training, and user training guidance for staff
- Internet connectivity guidance and setup for headquarters and remote offices
- Research and Development to help your company maintain a competitive position in the field
- Guidance to maximize Returns On Investment in computer systems
- Guidance to reduce Total Costs of Ownership of systems through use of Best Practices in IT management including Group Policies, Acceptable Usage Policies, and remote security policies